Quick Guide: Clear Administrator Error When Removing Google Account On Xiaomi Devices

Illustration. No, we're not talking about iOS today.
Anda berbicara bahasa Indonesia? Baca artikel terjemahannya di sini!

It's been quite a while since I last wrote a quick guide. Well, things have been busy and since there's no budget for a new device, well… device reviews will be paused for quite a bit. Instead, I will be writing reviews for apps and quick guides for overcoming errors in my devices.

So, what's in store this time? Recently, I switched from Xiaomi Mi Note 2 to Asus Zenfone 3. Why, because the Mi Note 2 was not mine, and I won a free Zenfone 3. I prefer Zenfone 3's camera (which uses the same sensor as Mi 5, BTW) so I switched. Fortunately, the Snapdragon 625 wasn't that much slower than the former-flagship 821, so I don't really notice the downgrade.

Before returning the Mi Note 2, I had to remove my Google Account in it. Otherwise, the owner will need my password to re-use that device, even after a factory reset. That's been the case ever since Android Lollipop, to at least make it more difficult for thieves to misuse your device. Unfortunately, I had this strange error when trying to remove my primary Google Account.

The strange error I encountered.


The Fix

The fix? Turned out to be simple: Security. I always enable fingerprint unlock on my devices (it's easy and secure), and on MIUI, apparently it's not possible to remove the primary Google Account without removing the device security first (I used both PIN and Fingerprint unlock). After removing them, Voila! I successfully removed the Google Account, and the reset went smoothly.

Completely removing lockscreen security solves this problem.
Again, I've only seen this error on MIUI, notably MIUI9 (there are some cases on MIUI8 according to MIUI forum as well). I've tried reproducing the same error on my Zenfone 3, and failed. It seems like this "feature" is indeed available only on MIUI.

Well, I guess that's all for now, Folks. Quick, isn't it? Okay, as usual, if you have any questions, ask away in the comments section below. Finally, thanks for reading and see you on the next article. Have a nice weekend! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOLT! 4G Mobile Wi-Fi Review

Which WinRAR Compression Do You Need? [GUIDE]

Logitech mk240 Mouse Combo Review