Infinix XE-02 Noise-Cancelling Earphones Review: A Unique and Affordable Concept

Infinix XE-02 Official Shot
Anda berbicara Bahasa Indonesia? Baca artikel terjemahannya di sini!

As a software developer, earphones play an integral role in my job. It gives me enough entertainment to push past the requirements and deadlines. That's why I've been looking for a great pair of earphones. Of course, they have to be affordable. I just can't justify spending IDR 1,000,000 on a product of such category.

You know I've reviewed Infinix Zero 4 Plus before and their included earphones are pretty good by my standards. That's what pushed me to try out another product of theirs: Infinix XE-02 Noise-Cancelling Earphones. Costing only IDR 299,000 and offering battery-powered noise cancellation feature, do these earbuds deserve a place in your ear?

Let's find out.

Packaging and Design

Infinix XE-02 Box
The XE-02 comes with quite a fancy packaging, like a phone. Slide out the box, and you'll immediately notice the unique-shaped earbuds with the noise-cancelling box, a carrying pouch, and a couple of leaflets. Inside the pouch you'll find a couple pair of bud replacements, allowing you to choose which is most comfortable for you.

The pouch is great for storing the earphones and replacement buds when not in use.
The earbuds themselves look different thanks to the fin-shaped rubber on top of them. The fin mimics the contour of your ear, helping the buds stay put, even when you're running. The outer layer is made of textured aluminum, which gives it a unique glow. There's a small LED on the layer, which will turn on when the noise cancellation is on.

The buds glow when the noise cancellation is active.
Then there's the noise-cancellation box. There's nothing on the button except micro USB port for charging, power toggle, and status LED. One flaw that I noticed is that the distance between the jack and the box is kind of short, which may disturb you if you want to listen to music with your phone in the pocket.

Micro USB port for charging the noise cancellation feature.
LED battery status on the noise cancellation box.
For your convenience, the XE-02 also has handsfree controls and mic, allowing you to take calls and control the volume right from the earphones.

From left to right: Volume Control + Mic, noise cancellation box, earbud
Overall the packaging is complete, and I personally like the design. Let's see if I like the sound as much as I like the design.

Sound, Comfort, and Noise Cancellation

Thanks to the isolated bud design, the XE-02 is already as noise-cancelling as it is. It is quite loud and the bass is there. Unfortunately, I'm not an expert in audio, but I can say that the sound quality is good and balanced enough for me for this price range. Again, at least you can feel the bass.

The buds' design is already noise-cancelling by nature.
As for comfort, thanks to the fin and the rubber material, I've used the XE-02 for 2 hours and it doesn't hurt my ear.

The buds are really comfortable to wear and the fin helps them stay in place.
Now let's move on to the most interesting part of this unit, the so-called noise-cancellation. Turning it on is easy, just slide the power toggle on the box, and the LED light beside it will turn on. Infinix claims that the noise is reduced by 95% and boosts the volume up to 110dB. Maybe that's why this feature requires extra power.

At first I thought it just boosted the volume, effectively cancelling all noise outside, because that's what initially happened. But after pausing my music for a bit and leaving the noise-cancellation on, I indeed feel my surroundings are much quieter that it's scary. That, I felt when I was in an open office, surrounded by chattering people. I guess XE-02 indeed lives up to Infinix' claims.

As previously written, the feature is powered by a small battery which you can recharge using your standard micro USB cable which, unfortunately, is not included. I haven't rated the battery life but Infinix promises 8 hours of music with a full charge.

Conclusion

Infinix XE-02 offers a unique concept in an affordable price.
At IDR 299,000, I feel that Infinix delivers a high-quality earphones with a unique feature. To be honest, this is the first time I've ever heard about battery-powered noise-cancellation, and I like it. Ah, one more thing. The box says "For Android", but it's actually compatible with iOS; I've tried it on my iPad.

Pros

  • Complete package with an affordable price
  • Battery-powered noise cancellation works like a charm
  • Comfortable bud design and material

Cons

  • Distance from the jack to the noise-cancellation box is short.
  • Micro USB cable is not included
So yeah, there you have it. If you happen to look for a pair of nice earbuds at a price that won't make your wallet scream, I recommend the XE-02. Not only because of the sound quality, but also the noise-cancellation.

Well, I guess that's all for now, Folks. I hope you enjoy reading it. As usual, if you have any questions, feel free to sound them off in the comments below. Finally, thanks for visiting and I'm looking forward to your next visit. Have a nice day! :D

Comments

  1. Nice Post ! Thanks for sharing this content, this is very useful to me pls visit our site for Earphone Packaging Box

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOLT! 4G Mobile Wi-Fi Review

Which WinRAR Compression Do You Need? [GUIDE]

Logitech mk240 Mouse Combo Review