Frozen Windows 8 Task Manager

Windows 8 has been around us for quite a while. Yes, many people don't like its new design and the loss of Start Menu, which disappoints most veteran Windows users out there. I myself don't like the tile-centric Start Menu, at least until I learn to live with it. Heck, if it hadn't been caused by its superb and light performance, I would have already got back to Windows 7. Then Windows 8.1 came along and it's said to bring back the Start button that usually sits on the left-bottom corner of your display. It's still in Beta, though; scheduled to arrive in October.

Windows 8's Task Manager is Pretty Neat and Powerful
Anyway, I'm not here to discuss about Windows 8. As you can see from the title, I had a problem with my Task Manager. Starting a few weeks ago, I couldn't get an up-to-date condition of my system in the "Performance" tab. At first I thought that there's something wrong with my system; maybe my processor starts to ask for replacement, or my fans are causing all sorts of trouble. However, the solution to my problem turns out to be very simple...

This is the culprit.
Yes, within the 'View' menubar, there's this 'Update speed' menu, and it was set to 'Paused'. I can only laugh at myself as soon as I know about this. Heck, it's hilarious. If it's set to paused, then getting a replacement computer would mean nothing!

But one funny thing, though... I wasn't the one who set the update speed to paused. I believe that the default setting is 'Normal', and I've already changed to that. It's running perfectly and normally. If I didn't know about it in the first place, how the hell could I change the setting?

Ah, that doesn't matter. What matters is that the problem is solved now. I'm writing this not because I'm funny, but because maybe there are others like me searching for a solution. Well, I hope you find this useful, because I really do. I'm really grateful to those who suggested me this solution in the forums. I really do.

Alright, Folks, I guess that's all. I hope this post can help you with something. If I said something unpleasant, I sincerely apologize and I really didn't mean that way. Finally, thanks for reading and coming by; I'm looking forward to your visits again. Have a nice day/night! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOLT! 4G Mobile Wi-Fi Review

Which WinRAR Compression Do You Need? [GUIDE]

Logitech mk240 Mouse Combo Review