Problem with Authorizing App in Safari

I think I'll have to apologize for breaking the promise about the guide for using AoA Audio Extractor. Yesterday, my friend came in and asked me to set up his new DOS laptop (installing Windows, setting up his Wi-Fi router, etc.). It had been planned before, and I thought I could complete the guide before he came in... but I was wrong. Don't worry, the guide is almost done, just have to make a few adjustments here and there ;). To make up for that mistake, I guess I'll post something which I've just found out a few minutes ago. Not everyone may find this post useful, but I'll just post it. Maybe someday some of you can find it useful.

Have you ever come across a Facebook App pop-up which asks for your authorization? Maybe a Facebook game, quiz, or something like that. Usually, the pop-up is *within* the same tab. But I've just found out today that some apps may also use a new pop-up window. This is, of course, troublesome for almost everyone, since almost every web browsers already have pop-up blocker feature active by default (say IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari). Fortunately this can be solved by turning off the pop-up blocker. Find out how after the break :D


In Internet Explorer, look for the gear icon next to your web tabs. Click it, then select "Internet Options" -> Privacy -> Make sure the "Turn On Pop-Up Blocker" checkbox is blank, then select "Apply".

In, Google Chrome, find the wrench icon, and select "Settings". Scroll down, you need to enable Advanced Options, the look for "Content Settings" button in "Privacy" section. Scroll down to "Pop-Up" section, and choose the "Allow All Sites to Show Pop-Ups" radio button.

In Mozilla Firefox, find the "Tools" at the top of the window, then choose "Options". Next, go to the "Content" section and make sure that there's not a check in the "Block Pop-Up Windows" checkbox. Finally, click Ok.

As for Safari, I've just found out that things are a bit different. Safari, by default, blocks all cookies from third parties and advertisers. As a result, certain applications can't install cookies into your machine, and can't ask for your authorization, because they may need the cookies to do so. That's roughly my assumptions since I'm not a technical person (yet). So, aside from turning off Safari's pop-up blocker, you also need to tell it to allow third party cookies to come in. Here's how:

  1. Turn off the pop-up blocker. Fortunately, it's easy to do it. Just find the gear icon next to the paper icon, then find "Block Pop-Up Windows". Clear the check mark next to it.
  2. Get to that gear icon again, and look for "Preferences".
  3. Find the "Privacy" tab, and you should find "Block Cookies". Set it to "Never".
  4. Close the options and restart the browser. You're done!
Okay, that's as far as I can tell about failing Facebook App Authorization. If you have any questions, just fill in the comments below. As usual, I'll try to help you find the answer to your questions. Thanks for reading and hope this helps! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOLT! 4G Mobile Wi-Fi Review

Which WinRAR Compression Do You Need? [GUIDE]

Smartfren M2Y 4G Mi-Fi: A Pebble That Connects To The World